Subject: Re: [PATCH] git-cherry should show "+" instead of "-" and vice versa

From: Andy Parkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 21:22:10 +0100

On Monday 2006, October 23 20:33, Petr Baudis wrote:

> Did the documentation ever get fixed or noone cared enough? ;-)

My patch makes git-cherry match the documentation.

Personally I think that the documentation is correct.  git-cherry is, to me, 
terribly useful.  I've got a few patches in my own branch and it's very 
useful to be able to check to see if those emailed patches have been accepted 
upstream with a simple

git-cherry -v upstream

Which makes it natural to see
 "-" = patch not in upstream
 "+" = patch in upstream

I read the thread you pointed at, and didn't really understand what the downer 
on git-cherry was, or why the patch wasn't accepted.  Have I misunderstood 
something?

Andy
-- 
Dr Andrew Parkins, M Eng (Hons), AMIEE
[email-masked]