Subject: Re: [PATCH (amend)] gitweb: Slight visual improvements to commitdiff view

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 01:50:39 +0200

Luben Tuikov wrote:
> Can you please explain what both patches actually do?
> 
> "slight visual improvements to commitdiff view" leaves
> much, _much_ to be desired and is hardly a commit message
> suitable to live in git.git.
> 
> Please describe what you found objectionable, why, how
> you decided to fix it and why you decided to fix it that way.

Adding difftree/whatchanged output to commitdiff view was somewhat
hasty, without taking care of details like separator between message 
body and difftree, and separator between difftree and patchset.

First, I have removed creating empty divs. The div with number of 
changed files in git_difftree_body is added only if the message about 
number of changed files is displayed (above 10).

Second, I have moved commit message body in commitdiff outside 
"page_body" div, to be together with "author_date" div with authorship 
info. The name of class was changed from "log" to more informative 
"commitdiff_log". This required some changes and additions to CSS. Now 
"commitdiff_log" div is responsible for displaying line separatring it 
from "page_body".

I have added not full line above "patchset" div (between patchet and 
difftree). It is added by "patchset" div and separated by 8px padding.

Those changes might wait for proper refactoring of gitweb CSS (having 
for example 8px padding in one place only).
-- 
Jakub Narebski