Subject: Re: [PATCH 4/n] gitweb: Secure against commit-ish/tree-ish with the same name as path

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 11:49:59 +0100

Junio C Hamano wrote:
> Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
>> I'd see if I can add some constructive comments on patches 5-10
>> tonight, but I'm in the middle of other things so don't hold
>> your breath ;-).
> 
> 7 and 9 look obviously good, so I've applied them without
> others.
> 
>         gitweb: Output also empty patches in "commitdiff" view

This patch in my opinion has no sense without having extended diff
header in commitdiff view, i.e. without "New improved patchset view"
(I have send non-line wrapped version).

>         gitweb: Better support for non-CSS aware web browsers

Thats independent from other changes, true.

> 5 is terminally linewrapped and rather big to comment on without
> comparing pre- and post- patch outputs, so I'll refrain from
> commenting on it. 

You can check out new gitweb at work at my site (when it is up)
  http://roke . dyndns . info/cgi-bin/gitweb/gitweb.cgi

>                    8 is "oops, I made a mistake when I did 5", 
> which discourages me even more from looking at 5 X-<.

Well, you wouldn't notice error corrected by 8 unless you have
files with funny filenames.
-- 
Jakub Narebski