Subject: Re: how to show log for only one branch

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 09:08:52 +0100

Liu Yubao wrote:
> Jakub Narebski wrote:
>>
>> Perhaps what you want is git log --committer=<owner of repo>?
>> 
> Thanks, it can't meet my requirement, if I create two branches
> and merge them, I can't easily tell the track of those two branches.

Use graphical history viewer then. git-show-branch, gitk (Tcl/Tk),
qgit (Qt), less used GitView (GTK+), tig (ncurses), least used 
git-browser (JavaScript). 

BTW. that is what subject line (first line of commit message) is for. 
Note the "gitweb:", "Documentation:", "autoconf:", "Improve build:" in 
the git log.

By the way, what is the status of the proposed "note" header extension 
to the commit object? One could store name of branch we were/are on, 
even though this is absolutely discouraged...
-- 
Jakub Narebski