Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/n] gitweb: Use '&iquot;' instead of '?' in esc_path

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 22:53:33 +0100

Junio C Hamano wrote:
> Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
>> Here is example code for this:
> 
> Ok.  The issues I raised in the previous round seem to have been
> addressed.  Maybe you would want not to use nested 'sub' and it
> is good to go, I think.

Should I understand this as a statement that you prefer backslash 
sequences aka. Character Escape Codes (CEC) than "Unicode" escaping 
aka. Unicode Printable Representation (PR)?

Should I send better quoting/unquoting work as two patches: unquote 
correction plus '?' using esc_path + esc_path which uses backslash 
sequences and span.cntrl element, or should it be send as one, 
admittedly quite large patch. 

I don't think it would be good idea to separate unquote correction with 
esc_path work, because havin unquote which unquotes fully means that we 
can have filenames which have for exampl newline characters in them, 
hence the need of separate quoting subroutine, esc_path, and using it 
for filename escaping.
-- 
Jakub Narebski