Subject: Re: Cleaning up git user-interface warts

From: Shawn Pearce <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 13:49:14 -0500

Nicolas Pitre <[email-masked]> wrote:
> As for the fraction of people complaining being a small fraction of 
> current GIT users: that is easily explainable by the fact that most 
> people who would have grown the complainers group are simply not GIT 
> users anymore since they were turned away by GIT's current user 
> interface issues.  The only complainers remaining are those who see 
> value in the GIT technology but who would like to bring more 
> intuitiveness to the GIT interface instead of going for the alternative 
> technology.  And those kind of people are always few.

Or they are by proxy.

*I* don't see that much of a problem with git pull; I can use it
without trouble at this point.  But I find it difficult to teach
to others.

My complaints about git pull/fetch/push are by proxy for about 10
other users who aren't on the mailing list but whom I interact with
through Git.  They don't like pull/fetch/push very much.

So count my complaints 10 times.  :)

Ok, that's still a drop in the bucket of current Git users.
But still, I'm sure there are others.  I think Carl was recently
talking about complaints from some Fedora folks...

--