Subject: http git and curl 7.16.0

From: George Sherwood <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 08:07:08 +0400

I seem to be having a problem doing an http checkout with git built
with curl 7.16.0 enabled.  If I build against curl 7.16.0 and try a
clone, I get:

git clone http://dmlb2000.homelinux.org/~dmlb2000/git-repos/local/castfs.git
error: Unable to start request error: Could not interpret heads/master
as something to pull

If I rebuild git against curl 7.15.5 then I get:
git clone
http://dmlb2000.homelinux.org/~dmlb2000/git-repos/local/castfs.git got
9a985de4a4cfa973a4573828df4cbb2e4f66c419 walk
9a985de4a4cfa973a4573828df4cbb2e4f66c419 got
c431dee75dfadb4c6f81bd95fa1ae44b2b07b359 got
6e645158ba349eaa68caa4c37d18412b30bfd76d walk
c431dee75dfadb4c6f81bd95fa1ae44b2b07b359 got
e452f63c2af324254b7f65f955cbb5ac8efa6762 got

and the checkout finishes.

Has any one else seen this?

George Sherwood
Lead Developer Sourcemage GNU/Linux