Subject: Re: git-svn bug?

From: Eric Wong <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 08:52:21 -0800

Troy Telford <[email-masked]> wrote:
> My 'dummy' repo was imported using git-svn.
> My 'real' repo was imported using git-svnimport.
> 
> Having not read any of the code, I'm just taking a wild guess; but is it  
> reasonable to say that since the repository was originally imported to git  
> using git-svnimport (rather than git-svn), git-svn doesn't have some of  
> the data it needs to push to the remote svn repo?

Exactly, git-svn needs the git-svn-id: lines at the end of each commit
for 'commit' and 'dcommit' to work.  So using a repo created by
git-svnimport will not work.

'commit-diff' will work, however it's intended as a low-level command
('commit' should be that, too).

> Would it be reasonable to use git-svn to import the SVN repository into a  
> new git repo, and then rebase from the old git-svnimport'ed repo into the  
> new git-svn imported one?  (did that even make sense?!?)

Yes, something along those lines would work.

--