Subject: Re: [RFC] Submodules in GIT

From: Martin Waitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 07:27:53 +0100

hoi :)

On Mon, Nov 20, 2006 at 04:10:50PM -0800, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> However, if I recall correctly, it was rather nightmarish to
> make this also work for reachability traversal necessary for
> pack generation.  It was painful enough even when the bind was
> at the commit level (which was way simpler to handle), but to do
> this the right way, the bind needs to be done at the tree level,
> and "rev-list --objects foo..bar" would need some way to limit
> the commit ancestry chain of subproject at the same time, by
> computing the commit ancestry of the embedded commits in the
> trees.

This at least seems to work already.
The UNINTERESTING flag is recursively set for the submodule
commits while walking the object chain.

But I must admit that I only did very simple tests up to now.
Do you have any special constellations in mind which were
difficult to support?

-- 
Martin Waitz