Subject: Re: git-show --stat on first commit

From: Shawn Pearce <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 13:42:38 -0500

Olivier Galibert <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 21, 2006 at 06:11:19PM +0100, Peter Baumann wrote:
> > And I think handling this behaviour as a config option is the right thing,
> > because most of the time if someone imports a project into git he
> > will import the whole history, especially if he is using one of the
> > cvs/svn importers. A "halfway import" as seen in the kernel repo is a
> > special case and it is unlikely seen again.
> 
> Not all projects run on a public VCS.  Hell, not all projects run on a
> VCS at all.  And in the CVS case, you don't always have enough access
> to actually download the repository, which afaik is needed for
> importing.

There is a tool floating around the 'net that will download
a CVS repository and recreate the ,v files locally for you.
cvssuck appears to be its name:

  http://freshmeat.net/projects/cvssuck/

--