Subject: Re: Some tips for doing a CVS importer

From: Shawn Pearce <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 15:15:05 -0500

Petr Baudis <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 21, 2006 at 07:39:35AM CET, Shawn Pearce wrote:
> > I think there's a number of issues that are keeping people from
> > switching to Git and are instead causing them to choose SVN, hg
> > or Monotone:
> > 
> >   - No GUI.
> 
> It has been my impression that Git's situation is far better than in
> case of the other systems (except SVN: TortoiseSVN and RapidSVN). Is
> that not so?

Hmm.

hg has a browser (hgk).  Its a direct port of gitk.  I don't see
a GUI otherwise, such as qgit or git-gui.  They do however have a
Windows installer.

Monotone has mtsh and guitone.  Neither appear to be as far along
as say qgit or even git-gui, which isn't that far along at all.

So I guess you are right.  Git's situation is better than that
of hg or Monotone.  Now if only I can finish everything I want
to put into git-gui, and get it included as part of the core Git
distribution.  :)

--