Subject: Re: Locked down (but still shared) repositories

From: Shawn Pearce <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 14:17:30 -0500

Johannes Schindelin <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Dec 2006, Shawn Pearce wrote:
> 
> > For various auditing reasons the repositories need to be tightly
> > controlled.  That is the following cannot be permitted:
> > 
> > [...]
> 
> How about just one such user? After all, you already have this user: the 
> repo owner. Of course, people have to push via ssh, even on the same 
> machine.

How do I know which SSH key the client used to connect?  Remember I'm
looking at the real uid to determine who is performing the operation.
In the situation you describe everyone looks the same to the
update hook...

For (probably stupid) reasons the server is the commerial F-Secure
SSH server, btw.  So OpenSSH based things wouldn't apply.  And best
that I can tell, F-Secure SSH won't tell me which key was used
to authenticate.

--