Subject: Re: Subprojects tasks

From: Martin Waitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 20:54:17 +0100

hoi :)

On Sun, Dec 17, 2006 at 03:29:02PM +0100, Jakub Narebski wrote:
> By the way, should this ref be in submodule, or in supermodule, e.g. in
> refs/modules/<name>/HEAD? And there is a problam _what_ branch should
> be that.

At the moment I simply use refs/heads/master of the submodule
repository, just because it is the default branch anyway.

In order to make the submodule refs which are not added to the
supermodule available to the supermodule anyway (for fsck and prune),
I added a symlink .git/refs/module/<submodule> -> <submodule>/.git/refs,
so that the submodule branch is also available as
refs/module/<submodule>/heads/master in the supermodule.

But I expect that all this setup stuff can be greatly simplified with a
little bit more knowledge of submodules in the core.  But this cleanup
is for later, when the basis is settled.

-- 
Martin Waitz