Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] git reflog expire

From: Shawn Pearce <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 05:27:42 -0500

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Shawn Pearce <[email-masked]> writes:
> > I'd like to take a stab at the log display code for the reflog
> > command, but I'd also really like to port forward (aka rewrite)
> > that mmap window code I keep saying I'll work on, but never quite
> > seem to do...
> 
> After today's pread() thing, I was also wondering about that too
> ;-).

I'm working on it now.  I have rather long days on Monday and
Tuesday which keep me otherwise occupied and away from Git work.
Hopefully I'll have something sometime on Wednesday, which so far
I have all day free for hacking.

Smaller mmap units may help on some larger projects. For example
'git whatchanged' shouldn't need to setup page table entries for
the entire pack file when only the front and middle are needed to
obtain the data for the most recent 25 commits, before the user
kills the pager.

But that's just me pulling words out of the air.  I'm tired too,
time to catch a few hours of sleep.  Probably by the time I get back
to my email our local kernel hackers will tell me how wrong I am.

--