Subject: Re: git-svn throwing assertion on old svn tracking branch

From: Nicolas Vilz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 10:43:38 +0100

On Fri, Dec 22, 2006 at 12:38:03AM -0800, Eric Wong wrote:
> Nicolas Vilz <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > On Fri, Dec 22, 2006 at 02:35:10AM +0100, Nicolas Vilz wrote:
> > > On Wed, Dec 20, 2006 at 05:05:20PM -0800, Eric Wong wrote:
> > > > Nicolas Vilz <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > [...]
> > > beneath there is svn, version 1.4.2 (r22196) ... on that repository is
> > > Subversion version 1.1.4 (r13838).
> > 
> > i should ammend, that the same error message comes, when i want to
> > dcommit something in this repository...
> 
> Weird, so you have the SVN:: libraries installed? (dcommit requires it).
> Is the repository you're tracking public?  If so, I'd like to have a
> look...
unfortunatelly, its not public...

I noticed, it is not the step of committing anything, but the step to
fetch the revisions in the svn tree. I had a workaround last night... I
used the documentation on Advanced Example: Tracking a Reorganized
Repository to reorganize my tree from broken old repository to
reorganized fresh tree that is working... that all because time was
running out this night and i had to work something.

I keep the old one as a souvenier... The problem lies somewhere there in
the old branch. The history is not lost here in any case.

I backuped my repository and pruned my tree as you suggested it... I
connected to that remote repository... and then the assertion came down
on me. Personally i can live with that reorganized repository. If you
are really keen on digging the error down to ground, i could try to
setup something.

Perhaps back were i worked on that repository, git-svn accessed a little
different from now....

If you are still interested in digging, I think about a private solution
for that.

Sincerly
Nicolas Vilz