Subject: [PATCH 0/8] gitweb: Bulk load commit objects

From: Robert Fitzsimons <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 14:30:41 +0000

The following is a set of patchs which should improve the preformance of
gitweb by bulk loading commit objects.

Note's:
* With a slight change in command line options and the parsing logic it
  was possible to bulk load the history action aswell.

* Even without the rev-list --skip option there should be some
  improvement as it is possible to bulk load the first page of commit
  object.

[PATCH 1/8] gitweb: Add parse_commits, used to bulk load commit objects.
[PATCH 2/8] gitweb: We do longer need the --parents flag in rev-list.

Base support for bulk loading commit objects.

[PATCH 3/8] gitweb: Change summary, shortlog actions to use parse_commits.
[PATCH 4/8] gitweb: Change log action to use parse_commits.
[PATCH 5/8] gitweb: Change header search action to use parse_commits.
[PATCH 6/8] gitweb: Change atom, rss actions to use parse_commits.
[PATCH 7/8] gitweb: Change history action to use parse_commits.

Convert all the commit listing actions (except pickaxe search) to use
parse_commits, also fixes up a few nav links.

[PATCH 8/8] gitweb: Use rev-list --skip option.

This change requires the rev-list --skip change from next to have
been merged.

Robert