Subject: Re: read-for-fill and caching in gitweb (Re: kernel.org mirroring)

From: Robert Fitzsimons <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 03:21:26 +0000

> I will probably try to implement caching for the
> projects, summary & log/shortlog pages using Cache::FastMap

Here are the mean (and standard deviation) in milliseconds for those
pages using a few different versions of gitweb.

                 project_list   summary  shortlog        log
v267                  173 1.6  1141 8.8   795 5.0   919  1.9
1.4.4.3               220 2.3   397 2.4   930 4.2  1113 56.9
1.5.0.rc0.g4a4d       226 1.9   292 1.7   352 4.0   491  6.7
1.5.0.rc0.g4a4d        60 1.0   131 0.7   195 1.2   347  3.7
(mod_perl)
 
I think there would be a benefit in deploying a more recent version of
gitweb on kernel.org and and even bigger benefit if it use mod_perl.  I
would be happy to help, if I can.

I'll look into the increase in time for the project_list in more recent
versions of gitweb, tomorrow.

Robert