Subject: Re: [PATCH] xdl_merge(): fix a segmentation fault when refining conflicts

From: Shawn Pearce <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 23:16:26 -0500

Johannes Schindelin <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 	Thank you Alexandre! I looked for the bug for quite some time, but 
> 	was never close to the real culprit.

Thanks for fixing this!
 
> +<<<<<<< orig.txt
> +=======
> +Nam et si ambulavero in medio umbrae mortis,
> +non timebo mala, quoniam TU mecum es:
> +virga tua et baculus tuus ipsa me consolata sunt.
> +>>>>>>> new5.txt

As a side note I lately have noticed that xdl_merge is producing a
conflict like the above when one branch added the lower half and
the other branch didn't change anything in the area.

I haven't spent any time to try to reproduce it, or to see if RCS'
merge utility would automatically merge the file without producing
a conflict.  But right now it does seem like xdl_merge is producing
conflicts when I didn't think it should be.

-- 
Shawn.