Subject: Re: [DRAFT] Branching and merging with git

From: Theodore Tso <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 12:04:11 -0500

On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 05:17:01PM -0500, [email-masked] wrote:
> I know it took me a while to get used to playing with branches, and I
> still get nervous when doing something creative.  So I've been trying
> to get more comfortable, and wrote the following to document what I've
> learned.

What ever happened to this document?  There was some talk of getting
this integrated into the git tree as Docmentation/tutorial-3.txt.
IMHO it would be really, really good to do this before 1.5.0, since I
think a lot of users would find it really useful.  Some of the text
may need to be moved to other locations, but it might go faster if we
get the base document into the tree first, and then we can submit
patches to move text around to integrate it into the other
documentation files.

I'm certainly willing to help out submitting patches to improve the
documentation, and I think this would be a big step towards helping
new users to git become much more quickly proficient.

						- Ted