Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (topics)

From: "Shawn O. Pearce" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 21:59:21 -0500

Alex Riesen <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On 1/2/07, Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >Here are the topics that have been cooking.  Commits prefixed
> >with '-' are only in 'pu' while commits prefixed with '+' are
> >in 'next'.  The topics list the commits in reverse chronological
> >order.
> >
> >* sp/mmap (Sat Dec 30 22:13:43 2006 -0500) 25 commits
> 
> Running this and the merge-recursive speedup I sent today locally.
> sp/mmap needs relatively recent cygwin library (otherwise pread
> is broken). No other ill effects noticed. Perfomance is bearable.

The default on Cygwin is now NO_MMAP.  I've disabled that default
in my own Cygwin environment and continue to use mmap() rather than
pread(), but I'm also running my sp/mmap change there.  I haven't
noticed a performance difference, but I also haven't tested for one.
IOW if there is a difference its close enough to noise to not be
visible to me as a user.

-- 
Shawn.