Subject: Re: Simple UI question...

From: "Shawn O. Pearce" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 06:29:45 -0500

Chris Lee <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Eric's shows the same problem - for some revision IDs, when I do a
> checkout, I only get the files that were changed in that revision.
> 
> >If Eric's version isn't always working then I'd have to suggest
> >that you exmaine the output of `git status` for switching to
> >some temporary branch based on $sha1sum.  Perhaps you have local
> >modifications which are carrying over in your working directory?
> 
> I assume 'removing everything in the working tree' counts as "local
> modifications"? :)

Yes!  That's what's going wrong.  Don't do "rm -rf *".  Let Git take
care of the empty directories for you.  If Git deletes all source
files in that directory (as they don't belong in this version that
you are checking out) it will also delete the now empty directory.

The only time it fails is if you are on Windows and some process
has the directory busy.  :-)

-- 
Shawn.