Subject: Re: [RFC] Git config file reader in Perl (WIP)

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 10:03:43 +0100

Eric Wong wrote:
> Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> To make gitweb faster I thought about adding to it, or to Git.pm,
>> simple nonvalidation config file reader. Nonvalidating means that
>> it would accept some input which git-repo-config considers invalid.
> 
> How about something like git-for-each-ref that dumps the entire output
> of a config file into an eval()-able string?  That way we don't have to
> deal with corner-cases and subtle differences between C and Perl
> implementations.

The idea is (at least for gitweb) to avoid cost of fork. And I think
if the format gets documented properly, there should be no differences
in config file parsing.

Please remember also that is first draft of git config file reader
in perl; an alpha version.
-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland