Subject: Re: [PATCH] git-remote exclude

From: Andy Parkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 11:55:23 +0000

On Monday 2007 January 15 10:23, Johannes Schindelin wrote:

> But then, I don't really see _why_ you would want such a solution. After
> all, you are more likely to be interested in _specific_ branches, rather
> than all branches _except_ a few.

That's not true.  I have a patch (that doesn't work, so it's not submitted), 
that would allow me to have:

[remote "origin"]
    url = git://git2.kernel.org/pub/scm/git/git.git
    fetch = refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/up/*
    fetch = !refs/heads/html
    fetch = !refs/heads/todo

i.e. I don't want those two branches, but I do want everything else.  I'd also 
like to be able to do "!/refs/heads/temp/*" so I could block a whole 
subdirectory of branches.  I have a feeling that this would come in handy for 
people like the person who was recently talking about having 880 branches in 
his repository, with only a few active.

Andy

-- 
Dr Andy Parkins, M Eng (hons), MIEE
[email-masked]