Subject: Re: git-svn - username/password

From: Eric Wong <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 16:41:37 -0800

"Randal L. Schwartz" <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> It's not clear from the docs where I'm supposed to put a subversion
> username/password in git-svn.  In fact, git-svn makes absolutely no mention of
> password.  And I see there's some --username=%s kind of stuff in the arg
> parsing, but I'm not able to seem to make it work.  (At one point, git-svn
> init actually created a subdir named "http:"... oops!)
> 
> Eric?  Or anyone?

git-svn fetch --username <username> should work with recent-ish git-svn
(since around Thanksgiving); and eventually prompt you for the password
(just like svn does).

If you're using older versions, just run
   `svn log -rHEAD --username <username> <repository>'
and have it cache your password.

-- 
Eric Wong