Subject: git-cvsserver won't add new content on update

From: Andy Parkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 16:16:35 +0000

Hello,

I am trying to use git-cvsserver to supply CVS access to my git repository.  
The checkout worked okay, but now, during normal operation, I've made changes 
and added content.  After a cvs update the changed files all seem to have 
been updated as expected, however the added files are not being added.  
However, CVS is reporting that the file is added; but it never appears.

some/sub/directory$ cvs update
A some/sub/directory/file.c

After the above the file is not created.  Repeated cvs update calls result in 
the same output everytime.  I've tried it from the root of the tree (in case 
it was a path issue) and that fails in the same way.  I've tried specifying 
the path explicitly and that doesn't help either.  cvs status reports that 
the file is "Status: Needs Checkout".

A new cvs checkout in a different directory does get the new file, so this is 
a problem with updates only.

I'm not familiar with CVS so it could easily be that I've not understood; 
however the CVS tutorials say that this should be giving "U" output instead 
of "A" output.

So: is this a bug, or is it that (as usual) I've not done something terribly 
simple.

Andy
-- 
Dr Andy Parkins, M Eng (hons), MIEE
[email-masked]