Subject: Re: [PATCH] [EGit] Indroduce GitAction class

From: "Shawn O. Pearce" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 22:18:08 -0500

Guilhem Bonnefille <[email-masked]> wrote:
> I introduce GitAction as base class for all actions. It allows to
> disable the action menu item if the selection does not live in a Git
> controlled repository.
> 
> The current code is quite "gruik". It is mainly based on copy/paste
> from other plugins.
> 
> A better solution could be to avoid inserting EGit actions in menus if
> the selection does not live in a Git repo. (some plugin.xml hack)

Thanks for the patch!  I've applied it, and done some cleanup
behind.  I really appreciate that someone else is trying to help
egit move along.

A few thoughts:

 * Please format your code using the Eclipse formatter prior to
 a patch.  The project settings are configured to be the builtin
 Java Conventions that ship with Eclipse.  I rely *very* heavily on
 the Eclipse formatter being able to format my source code for me,
 so that I don't need to worry about whitespace, brace placement,
 line breaks, etc.  It saves me tons of time.

 * I noticed the copyright you sent in on one of your files was dated
 2006.  I applied it as is.  Are you sure you did not mean 2007?  ;-)

 * You did not send the patch inline or as an mbox.  This makes
 it much more difficult for me to apply the patch with `git am`.
 In the future can you please either submit the patch inline, or
 format using `git format-patch` and attach the *entire* output so
 that I have a proper Date/From/Subject/commit-message immediately
 available?

By the way, I have just added a SUBMITTING_PATCHES file at the top
level directory of the egit.git repository which covers some of
these topics.  I apologize for not shipping one earlier with the
project, as doing so may have eliminated some confusion.

-- 
Shawn.