Subject: Re: MinGW port - initial work uploaded

From: Andy Parkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 13:22:31 +0000

On Tuesday 2007 January 23 11:32, Johannes Schindelin wrote:

> Maybe we have to go the other way round, just as POSIX git does: instead
> of spawning the pager, we should _beginthread() the actual work, and
> execl() the pager.

What about just forgetting paged output under Windows?  It's been a while, but 
the only decent one that I ever found was LIST.COM, and that's probably 
vanished now.

I haven't used Windows in a while, are pipes still as awful as they were?  
That is to say they cheated and redirected output to a temporary file then 
redirected that file to the input of the second process.  The upshot of which 
was you had to have the whole pipe complete before you could view the first 
page of output.

I can well imagine that in Windows I would find the paged output more painful 
than useful.

Andy
-- 
Dr Andy Parkins, M Eng (hons), MIEE
[email-masked]