Subject: Re: MinGW port - initial work uploaded

From: Andy Parkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 15:06:31 +0000

On Tuesday 2007 January 23 14:21, Johannes Schindelin wrote:

> Uhm. You do understand that we use MinGW to port to, not _plain_ Windows?
> So we do have a "less".

Nope; I didn't.  Oh dear.  I've obviously misunderstood.  I thought MinGW was 
for compiling to native Windows?  Do you use MinGW to compile to cygwin as 
well?

> That was not Windows. That was DOS.

I'm sure pipes were still awful in Win98.  I accept though, that it is 
possible Windows has changed in the last 9 years :-)

> With less, on the other hand, you just exit the pager, or let it search
> through stdin. It is so much more convenient.

That sounds better than I remember.  You'll have talked me into migrating to 
Windows soon :-)

Andy

-- 
Dr Andy Parkins, M Eng (hons), MIEE
[email-masked]