Subject: Re: MinGW port usable

From: "Shawn O. Pearce" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 18:24:25 -0500

Christian MICHON <[email-masked]> wrote:
> my last compilation is less than 8 hours old, and I do not have cygwin
> installed. What is it you want to test actually ?

Try creating a desktop icon (Repository->Create Desktop Icon) and
start git-gui from the resulting .bat file.  It *should* come up
right on MinGW, but I'm only guessing here.

The other one that I'm curious about is if fetch/push/merge work.
merge requires git-merge right now, which is a shell script.
fetch is the same, but push is pure C so it should work.  But I
don't think the Tcl environment will make it into the child, which
means things like SSH_AUTH_SOCK don't get used.

But I really should just install the git-mingw port on one of
my windows systems and play with it.  If its faster than Cygwin
then it's worthwhile.
 
> git-gui and gitk have been working for a bit more than a week, if I
> recall well. I'd like to see git-blame latest patch work with git-gui.

The blame feature is in git-gui (went in last night).  It requires
the --incremental patches from Linus&Junio, which are now in git.git
master.  It also needs a big display, as the interface is horrid.  :)

-- 
Shawn.