Subject: Re: Difficulties in advertising a new branch to git newbies

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 22:31:01 +0100

Yann Dirson wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 10:02:40PM +0100, Jakub Narebski wrote:

>>> I propose this warning be removed here. Otherwise, I either add text
>>> to my instructions telling the user to ignore the warning message they
>>> get, or else I go back to "-b build" and back to all the old problems
>>> it causes.
>> 
>> I rather leave warning, but (perhaps around 1.5.1) remove the
>> instructions. RTFM (err... I'm not sure we have one about detached HEAD).
> 
> Or provide a "-q" flag to silence the warning ?

Well, it would be nice to have either when command is usually silent to
have "-q" option to it, or have "-q" option to git wrapper (especially
for gitweb).

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland