Subject: Re: [PATCH] Make gitk work reasonably well on Cygwin.

From: "Shawn O. Pearce" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 14:24:32 -0500

Alex Riesen <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On 2/1/07, Seth Falcon <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >
> >> I am not in X right now and won't be able to look at it myself
> >> tonight.  Could folks on MacOS comment on Mark's patch?
> >
> >I gave it a quick spin on OS X.  gitk loads with a different geometry
> >than it had before, but seems to work the same.  If this fixes things
> >elsewhere, it seems fine here.
> >
> 
> FWIW, I confirm that. Much better. Mouse selection still does not
> work in patch pane, but broken layout was the most annoying.

The trick to getting mouse selection to work on Mac OS X on a
disabled text field (which is what that patch pane is):

	bind $damn_text_widget <Button-1> [list focus $damn_text_widget]

Apparently the disabled text widgets on Mac OS X don't receive
focus unless its forced by the application.  :-(

This trick doesn't harm a Tk application running on Windows, its
safe to just always setup the binding.  I'm using it in git-gui
for the diff pane.

-- 
Shawn.