Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] Correct some language in fast-import documentation.

From: "Shawn O. Pearce" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 13:32:44 -0500

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Uwe Kleine-König  <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Shawn O. Pearce wrote:
> >> Minor documentation improvements, as suggested on the Git mailing
> >> list by Horst H. von Brand and Karl Hasselstr~A(P)m.
> > you have an encoding problem here     ---------^
> >
> > That "o umlaut" seems to be UTF-8 encoded, but the headers of you mail
> > claim iso-8859-1.
> 
> I noticed it, too.  This seems to be purely between the
> format-patch output and the mailing list.  In Shawn's tree, the
> corresponding commit f842fdb0 does not have the encoding
> problem.

Yes, correct.  I took great care to copy Uwe's name from a prior
commit of his in git.git, to make sure I got it spelled correctly
in the commit message.  :)

Unfortunately mutt set the wrong charset on the message.
Uwe thoughtly sent some notes on how to correct that, so I'll try
to fix my mutt.
 
> As Shawn's tree currently has only these two commits on top of
> what my tree already has, I do not mind pulling from it.  It
> would make life easier for people who are following his tree.

Those are built upon a commit you already merged, but not the tip
of `master` at the time they were written (kernel.org mirror lag
strikes again).  Please feel free to rebase them into the current
tip of master (instead of merging them in) if you want.

-- 
Shawn.