Subject: Re: [PATCH] Clean up geometry save code in gitk.

From: Sergey Vlasov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 19:56:43 +0300

Hello!

On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 09:27:20 -0500
Mark Levedahl <[email-masked]> wrote:

> gitk was saving widget sizes and positions when the main window was
> destroyed, which is after all child widgets are destroyed. The cure
> is to trap the WM_DELETE_WINDOW event before the gui is torn down. Also,
> the saved geometry was captured using "winfo geometry .", rather than
> "wm geometry ." Under Linux, these two return different answers and the
> latter one is correct.

> Leftover code was subtracting zero from several items before storing, an
> obvious noop now deleted.

These two patches fix saving of the window position for me; however,
some things still remain broken:

 - No matter what sizes of the commit tree, patch and filelist panes I
   set, on gitk restart they come up with their default sizes.

 - Sizes of commit tree columns are not saved properly - on every gitk
   restart the dividers are shifting more and more to the right.

This is on Linux (x86_64) with Tk 8.4.13.

I made two more patches which fix the above problems for me - please
test them (in particular, someone needs to check that the Cygwin
support is not broken - apparently something is different between Tk
on Linux and Cygwin to create the problem with commit tree columns).

See the followup messages.

--
Sergey Vlasov