Subject: Re: mingw, windows, crlf/lf, and git

From: Alexander Litvinov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 18:16:27 +0600

В сообщении от Tuesday 13 February 2007 16:06 Johannes Schindelin написал(a):
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 13 Feb 2007, Alexander Litvinov wrote:
> > When I have file that was converted from dos to unix format (or from
> > unix to dos) git genereta big diff. But anyway, c++ compiler works well
> > with both formats and in this case I simply convert file to dos format
> > and git shows again nice diff. If unix format was commited to git I
> > simply change the format and commit that file again.
>
> That's awful!
If you are tring to build history that looks good - you are right this is a 
terrible workflow.

> > The only trouble is the rebase, it does not like \r\n ending and othen
> > produce unexpected merge conflict. But I don't use rebse to othen to
> > realy investigate and try to solve the problem.
>
> Well, if everybody thinks like you, maybe we do not have to change
> anything for Windows after all?
I still wish to have working rebase so if git will hanle somehow \r\n it would 
be nice. But please do not produce the same behavior as cvs does: under 
cygwin it still use \n !

By the way, most windows programmers I work with says 'git is cool but is 
there gui like tortoise or wincvs ?' :-)