Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/3] Wrap the log text in some nice HTML to highlight the commit message

From: Andy Parkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 10:02:56 +0000

On Friday 2007 February 23 08:03, Marco Costalba wrote:
>  I finally apply and pushed your patches to
> git://repo.or.cz/qgit4.git, I have to say I really like your fancy
> html log message.

:-)  I'm glad you like it.  I was trying to make it look a bit like the email 
header in kmail.  I'm a bit disappointed with it aesthetically, but I do find 
it makes it a lot easier to view the separate log components without much 
brain power.

> - Font family is set to TYPE_WRITER_FONT, but font size is not taken
> into account and seems fixed.

Ah yes - probably a one-liner to fix.  I'll patch soon.

> - There are some alignement issues in the header, sometimes author,
> date, etc.. are left shifted without a clear reason wasting valuable
> screen space.

Yes you are certainly correct.  I'm going to point at Qt for the blame.  I 
have no idea why it's adding that space.  It goes away when the rowspan is 
removed from the short log part.  Additionally, Qt (despite the 
documentation) seems to ignore width=100% to table or divs, so I can't make 
the header actually look as nice as it could.

Once I figure out how to make it look better I'll certainly post patches, but 
at the moment it's a fight between me and Qt :-)  The solution, is going to 
be a compromise I think.  I might have to make the short log non-centered and 
non-rowspanning :-(

> Anyway a nice job.

Thanks.

Andy

-- 
Dr Andy Parkins, M Eng (hons), MIET
[email-masked]