Subject: Re: Memory overrun in http-push.c

From: Eygene Ryabinkin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 08:13:24 +0300

Andy, good day!

Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 03:41:38PM +0000, Andy Parkins wrote:
> On Wednesday 2007 February 28 15:15, Eygene Ryabinkin wrote:
> > --- http-push.c.orig    Wed Feb 28 15:15:01 2007
> > +++ http-push.c Wed Feb 28 15:15:21 2007
> > @@ -1295,7 +1295,7 @@
> 
> A patch for git that wasn't made with git.
> 
> Don't take this the wrong way Eygene, but why?

Because I am trying to set up Git repository to be used over HTTPS,
but it is failing now: seems like CURL library provokes the SIGSEGV.
The actual patch was made for the FreeBSD ports, so I've used plain
old 'diff -u'.

As Johannes pointed out, old habits are still alive. And when some
tool serves me the right way, I am happy with it. To make the patch
with Git I should create repository, hack there, merge it to the
FreeBSD port, install and so on. A bit boring, do not take me wrong ;))
-- 
Eygene