Subject: Re: 2.6.21-rc1: known regressions (part 2)

From: Ingo Molnar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 15:04:59 +0100

* Linus Torvalds <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On Fri, 2 Mar 2007, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> > 
> > but the conclusion is clear: if multiple bugs are present in the 
> > search area then it gets quite difficult to sort it out via 
> > git-bisect - but it's not impossible either. The following 
> > git-bisect enhancement could have made things easier for me:
> > 
> >    git-bisect mark-must-have <tree>
> 
> It's not quite that easy.
> 
> In _your_ case, you always just wanted to try to apply a particular 
> patch if it applied cleanly.

ok, agreed.

Suspend/resume bugs are a bit special anyway because so much stuff 
happens in an 'invisible' way during suspend/resume that any 
problem/hang during that 'looks like' the same bug symtpom: a hung 
resume.

so i'll put more effort into providing more suspend/resume debugging 
facilities - we have way too few tools of directly debugging them.

	Ingo