Subject: Re: Libification project (SoC)

From: "Luiz Fernando N. Capitulino" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 10:47:15 -0300

Em Thu, 15 Mar 2007 22:30:46 -0700
Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> escreveu:

| "Shawn O. Pearce" <[email-masked]> writes:
| 
| >>     o Documentation (eg, doxygen)
| >>     o Unit-tests
| >>     o Add prefix (eg, git_*) to public API functions
| >
| > Yes.  But which functions shall we expose?  ;-)
| 
| Before going into that topic, a bigger question is if we are
| happy with the current internal API and what the goal of
| libification is.  If the libification is going to say that "this
| is a published API so we are not going to change it", I would
| imagine that it would be very hard to accept in the mainline.

 I think you can put this way: do you want/whish to make
git more useful than it's today?

 If so, such a library is important because it will allow
users to write application that use git in a reasonable
way.

 It doesn't need to be the next five-zilion-function-library
that will provide the wonders of git in several different
ways.

 We could start by fixing the got-an-error-die behaivor and
define a _experimental_ API (just a few functions) just to get
data out of git.

 This would be enough to write the Perl binding I think?

-- 
Luiz Fernando N. Capitulino