Subject: Re: [PATCH] update-hook: remove all functionality that should be in hooks/post-receive

From: Andy Parkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 09:11:51 +0000

On Saturday 2007, March 24, Francis Moreau wrote:

> yes that almost would do the thing. But instead of hacking the hook,
> it would be great to have a trivial setup at the begining of the
> script to choose this config.

I'd like Junio's permission before actually doing that; I know he is 
worried about out-of-control growth of hook scripts and it's already 
overly large just to do the one job it's got.

> Maybe a local config in the repo through the command `git config`
> could do the job ?
>
> $ git config hook.update.path "/var/www/"
>
> And if the config is to write the message to a file, skip the email
> stuffs generation (header, foorter...).

Again; it's not hard to do, and I don't mind adding it, but I don't want 
to set off Junio's bloat detector.  Bear in mind also that in the 
example you ask for every repo user would need write access 
to "/var/www"; because the hook script runs as the user performing the 
push.

Andy
-- 
Dr Andy Parkins, M Eng (hons), MIET
[email-masked]