Subject: Re: .gitlink for Summer of Code

From: "Shawn O. Pearce" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 16:46:01 -0400

Eric Lesh <[email-masked]> wrote:
> I would like to tackle .gitlink for Summer of Code.  The deadline is
> about a day away, but this is a chance to make sure you still think
> .gitlink is a good idea, and to see if there are any big problems with
> the idea in general (before a more detailed proposal is actually submitted).
...
> Is this something that you would like to see?  Any other comments?

Aside from the other fork of this thread discussing the ``Lazy
Clone'' idea, I don't really have any other comments.

I don't setup the same thing as Junio, but I have the same problem.
My day job setup has at least 5 copies of the same repository.
I'd like an easy way to have them share the same odb, refs,
and config.

If you choose to submit an application please see our template
(http://git.or.cz/gitwiki/SoC2007Template) and try to talk a bit
about your background too.

-- 
Shawn.