Subject: Re: git-mailinfo munges the patch?

From: Don Zickus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 17:52:48 -0400

On Thu, Mar 29, 2007 at 02:19:26PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> 
> 
> On Thu, 29 Mar 2007, Don Zickus wrote:
> > 
> > Ok.  I see what you are saying with the old code.  Sorry about that.  Do
> > you have a sample file that I can play with to test my fix?
> 
> On that note - here's an unrelated simple case that the old mailinfo got 
> right, but the new one seems to screw up: multiple Subject: lines.
> 
> The old one would make later Subject: lines override the earlier ones, and 
> I depended on that when I fix up peoples emails to me manually (you 
> wouldn't believe how bad explanations or subject lines people use for 
> perfectly good patches ;)

I see what happened.  The old code allowed rewriting of the mail headers
but blocked rewriting of the inbody headers.  For some reason I thought it
was by accident that the mail headers were allow to be rewritten.  Oops.
:(

I wrote the code to have both header types block rewriting.  I'll change
that.  

Cheers,
Don