Subject: Re: [PATCH (resend)] gitweb: Support comparing blobs (files) with different names

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 01:41:35 +0200

Junio C Hamano wrote:
> Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
>> Fix the bug that caused "blobdiff" view called with new style URI
>> for a rename with change diff to be show as new (added) file diff.
[...]
>> ---
>> Junio, could you apply this? It looks like it was lost in the noise.
> 
> I was waiting for dust to settle.  Ack's from people involved in
> the discussion would be nice.

I can understand that.

This patch is _a_ solution: it fixes "blobdiff" view for all blobdiff 
URIs gitweb generates now. But it is not _the_ solution, as it doesn't 
work with Martin work on adding "(base | diff)" links to allow to view 
diff between arbitrary commits, trees or blobs; which includes 
"blobdiff" view of arbitrary blobs.

So if/when Martin finishes his series of patches, this part would be 
rewritten. But it is some time in the future...
-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland