Subject: Re: [PATCH] display the subject of the commit just made

From: "Shawn O. Pearce" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 03:11:27 -0400

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> wrote:
> "Michael S. Tsirkin" <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Quoting Michael S. Tsirkin <[email-masked]>:
> >> > Because I *got* *rid* *of* "echo".
> >> 
> >> so I think we are stuck with echo.
> >
> > So ... is it good to go?
> 
> I am not quite convinced that giving a short summary is
> necessary yet, probably for the same reason you questioned why
> we do --shortstat.

Its not really necessary, no.

But when you have 8 terminal windows open, and you haven't looked
at one in a while, and it has a nice output from current git-reset
showing the subject of the commit you just reset to, that's handy
to jog your memory about what the shell was doing before it got
shuffled off the desk.

Now look at a git-commit output and find that's missing.  If its
cheap (and it is, reasonably so) it may be useful to some people.

Of course I'm one of those "gah, I got more shells than I know what
I'm doing with!" people.  ;-)

-- 
Shawn.