Subject: Re: Segmentation fault in git-svn

From: Eric Wong <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 02:37:43 -0700

Steven Grimm <[email-masked]> wrote:
> I expect this is really a libsvn bug, but git-svn triggers it, so I'm 
> hoping someone else has run into and solved it, or at least that someone 
> can reproduce it.

I've also been working with another user off-list the past few
days on tracking down on a segmentation fault in git-svn.

> If I try to clone the "memcached" public repository with the command line
> 
>  git-svn clone --branches=branches --trunk=trunk 
> http://code.sixapart.com/svn/memcached

I just ran this several (6?) times got a segmentation fault once
with Junio's master @ f948792990f82a35bf0c98510e7511ef8acb9cd3.

Trying it again with the same file that segfaulted earlier, it was
successful, spooky...

I also tried some other patches (see replies) which I've been testing to
fix the other user's problem.

> it cranks along fine until revision 299, then dies with SIGSEGV. If I 
> run it again, it appears to pick up where it left off, then dies again 
> at revision 399, then again at revision 499. (There are fewer than 600 
> revisions in that repo so it's anyone's guess if it'd die at 599 given 
> the chance.)

I have definitely not seen this pattern before.

However, the following clone has been problematic at times

git svn clone svn://svn.debian.org/svn/pkg-glibc/glibc-package \
  -T trunk -b branches -t tags

> This happens on both a Linux box (amd64, FC4, svn version 1.4.3) and my 
> Mac (Intel OS 10.4, svn version 1.2.3 from Fink), so at the very least 
> it's not platform-specific. It also happens periodically on the private 
> svn repository at my company, though not as predictably. On my Mac, I'm 
> using the very latest git code from "master".

I'm running x86, Debian Etch, SVN 1.4.2 from Debian Etch or
1.4.3 from Debian experimental + do_switch patch[1]

Thanks for the stack trace.  This is segfaulting at
a different place (expected, being an http:// repo while
the other is svn://)

[1] - http://svn.haxx.se/dev/archive-2007-01/0936.shtml

-- 
Eric Wong