Subject: Re: What's in git.git (stable)

From: Andy Parkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 10:19:50 +0100

On Friday 2007 April 27, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> We've accumulated quite a bit of fixes on 'maint', so I need to
> do a 1.5.1.3 release soonish, as we will go into feature freeze
> on 'master' shortly in preparation for 1.5.2.

I am still concerned about the submodule thing - once we push a mainline 
version out with the format decided, that will be that and we'll be stuck 
with it.  Are we _really_ sure that it's right to have a non-object hash in 
the tree objects?

It's a fundamental change in the form of the tree: at the moment every hash in 
the tree object represents another object in the same repository; with 
gitlink as it is, that convention is broken.

Let's be really, really sure.  I'm not sure a big enough fuss has been made of 
the fact that this is a change of repository format.  Before this you could 
pretty much access any repository with any version.

Andy
-- 
Dr Andy Parkins, M Eng (hons), MIET
[email-masked]