Subject: Suggestions for cgit (was: Re: suggestions for gitweb)

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 09:31:32 +0200

On Sun, 13 May 2007, Lars Hjemli <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I've implemented number of files/lines changed in cgit's log view and
> pushed it to http://hjemli.net/git/
> 
> It does consume some cpu (especially on the linux-2.6 repo), but it's
> not terribly bad (and the caching helps out). But I felt like changing
> the number of commits per page to 50, so I added a knob for this in
> the config file while at it.
> 
> I'll try to get a proper diffstat on the commit page + file history
> via tree view next (filesize has always been part of cgits tree view
> btw).

What I lack in cgit is using git diff and showing extended diff headers
(and the ugly tight box around diff doesn't help either), and gitweb's
'commitdiff' view / git's git-show / git's git-format-patch.

I don't think displaying filesize slows cgit much (you need to find and
read object header for that, as this information is not present in a
tree object...

By the way, what do you think about http://git.or.cz/gitwiki/Gitweb 
page?
-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland