Subject: [PATCH] gitweb: Change base font size to "small"

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 12:51:38 +0200

Commit 63fcbe00a66d7cb7d8bce9a36120a19a809a33b8 by Peter "Pasky" Baudis
  "gitweb: Do not use absolute font sizes"
made gitweb use default font size, the font size you have configured
your browser to use, as a basis; other font sizes are given as
percentage.

David Kågedal noticed problem with this approach: too many web sites
explicitly select extra small font sizes, which means that you have to
select a "standard" font size in your browser that is a bit larger
than one would actually like.

Additionally, as Jan Hudec noticed, gitweb should explicitely request
being somewhat smaller than normal, because it has good use for long
lines.  Normally one would usually want to set font so large, that
more than ~120 characters won't fit on the screen, since otherwise
pages that don't use margins are simply unreadable.  However gitweb
presents a table with several columns, so having wider line is OK for
it.

Jan Hudec proposed to use 'font-size: small' to take above issues into
account.  This avoid using "brain-damaged" explicit-pixel sizes, while
taking into account nature of gitweb output.

Thanks to mentioned commit by Pasky we need to add 'font-size: small'
in only one place, for BODY element.

See the original messages:
  Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
  Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

Proposed-by: Jan Hudec <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
---
This is commit wich has commit message larger than patch itself, but
I think the explanation is as important as patch itself, perhaps even
more important.

 gitweb/gitweb.css |    1 +
 1 files changed, 1 insertions(+), 0 deletions(-)

diff --git a/gitweb/gitweb.css b/gitweb/gitweb.css
index b57c8be..02623cb 100644
--- a/gitweb/gitweb.css
+++ b/gitweb/gitweb.css
@@ -1,5 +1,6 @@
 body {
 	font-family: sans-serif;
+	font-size: small;
 	border: solid #d9d8d1;
 	border-width: 1px;
 	margin: 10px;
-- 
1.5.1.4