Subject: Re: [PATCH] gitweb: Add support for grep searches

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 02:43:48 +0200

Petr Baudis wrote:
> On Fri, May 18, 2007 at 01:58:28PM CEST, Jakub Narebski wrote:

>> Additionally it would be nice to have links from search results page to
>> have search match highlighted, like search results on GitWiki.

For example 
  http://git.or.cz/gitwiki/SubprojectSupport?highlight=%28Subproject%29
 
> I'm sorry, I don't understand.

For example search results for commit search ('author', 'committer'
and 'commit' searches have link to 'commit' view. Pickaxe has link
to 'commitdiff' view. Grep search would have link(s) to blob views.
In those views the 's' (searchtext) parameter could be passed, and
matched fragment should be somehow higlighted, e.g. using background
color to not interfere with syntax highlighting.

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland