Subject: Re: Documentation (mainly user-manual) patches

From: "J. Bruce Fields" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 00:13:57 -0400

On Sat, May 19, 2007 at 12:02:12AM -0400, Shawn O. Pearce wrote:
> request-pull also does nice things like include the fetch URL, and
> the branch name, and in a nice format that makes it very easy to
> copy and paste into a "git pull" (or "git fetch") command line[*1*],
> so its slightly more than just the shortlog.  ;-)

I know, but that's not hard to do by hand.  Which doesn't, of course,
mean I won't screw it up....

But, actually, I tried it just now and it only gave the url:

	The following changes since commit 164b19893ab5bc66b531a26480149a0dff082969:
	  Michael Hendricks (1):
		Document core.excludesfile for git-add

	are found in the git repository at:

		git://linux-nfs.org/~bfields/git.git

How's it supposed to figure out the branch name?  (And I'm not sure
about that "change since commit..." stuff--that seems like slight
overkill.)

--b.