Subject: [PATCH] git-svn: don't minimize-url when doing an init that tracks multiple paths

From: Eric Wong <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 03:59:02 -0700

I didn't have a chance to test the off-by-default minimize-url
stuff enough before, but it's quite broken for people passing
the --trunk/-T, --tags/-t, --branches/-b switches to "init" or
"clone" commands.

Additionally, follow-parent functionality seems broken when we're
not connected to the root of the repository.

Default behavior for "traditional" git-svn users who only track
one directory (without needing follow-parent) should be
reasonable, as those users started using things before
minimize-url functionality existed.

Behavior for users more used to the git-svnimport-like command
line will also benefit from a more-flexible command-line than
svnimport given the assumption they're working with
non-restrictive read permissions on the repository.

I hope to properly fix these bugs when I get a chance to in the
next week or so, but I would like to get this stopgap measure of
reverting to the old behavior as soon as possible.

Signed-off-by: Eric Wong <[email-masked]>
---
 git-svn.perl |    5 +++++
 1 files changed, 5 insertions(+), 0 deletions(-)

diff --git a/git-svn.perl b/git-svn.perl
index 6d0cdac..233f4f2 100755
--- a/git-svn.perl
+++ b/git-svn.perl
@@ -485,6 +485,11 @@ sub cmd_multi_init {
 	unless (defined $_trunk || defined $_branches || defined $_tags) {
 		usage(1);
 	}
+
+	# there are currently some bugs that prevent multi-init/multi-fetch
+	# setups from working well without this.
+	$Git::SVN::_minimize_url = 1;
+
 	$_prefix = '' unless defined $_prefix;
 	if (defined $url) {
 		$url =~ s#/+$##;
-- 
Eric Wong